Good morning Navigators!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine consisted of working myself back into a routine, playing video games with family, and finishing up tasks that I haven’t been able to get to. My lip is completely healed and I’m starting to get the motivation back, let’s hope it sticks around for a bit!
I’m blown away that this is my third nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I’m entirely thankful of how many people my blog has inspired and how many friends I have been making in this community.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
This award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring – they bring sunshine into the blogging community!
A huge thank you to Wendy Murphy for nominating me!
Go and check out her blog My Organic Life Journey, she posts a lot of organic recipes that look absolutely delicious as well as about her life in general. So, definitely go check her out!
Thanks so much for thinking about nominating me, Wendy, I highly appreciate this!
Let’s get into her questions for me!
- What thing are you most grateful for in your life?As cliché as it sounds, my little family. I never felt like I belonged in a family before, but my husband, daughter, and cat have made me feel like I was meant to be here. Non person wise, I’m most grateful for my blog because it has been a huge change to my life.
- What is the story behind your blog’s name?“Navigation To Happiness” was created as a way to document my journey into a better life. I was tired of feeling sad and sorry for myself, so I created a new blog and it’s definitely stuck around ever since.
- What food could you not live without?I would say Italian food! I’m a sucker for chicken parmesan, pasta, and pizza! I have no idea what I would do without it.
- How has blogging changed your life?Blogging has given me the confidence to open up to the person that I was. It has shown me that there is a community of people who don’t make me feel alone. It’s crazy because I was so scared to communicate with other people, and I have “met” some lovely people. Having a blog has showed me the person that I am and who I want to become; it has given me the courage to follow my dreams and a safe outlet where I could express myself.
- What are three random facts about yourself?Three random facts about myself are: (1.) I was named after both of my parents. (2.) I’m addicted to planning. (3.) I’m obsessed with anything that has to do with galaxy print.
- What do you hope to accomplish in 2018?A majority of all of my goals have to do with facing my fears and improving myself into a better mother, wife, and person in general. I want to start experiencing life for what it has to offer.
- What do you do for writer’s block?I rarely have writer’s block in regards to blogging but I do have a master list of ideas for blog posts in a notebook. I usually jot down ideas and if I need some inspiration for a day of the week (I usually have everything easily picked without even needing ideas) then I will flip open that notebook and choose a topic. I also get some ideas from Pinterest boards or other bloggers. However, I make the post about me and will link you guys to where I got the idea from.
- What is your favorite place that you’ve visited?Martha’s Vineyard! I went to visit my husband (we were dating for about four months at the time) and his dad wanted to meet me so I took a trip down to meet him. It was actually a time of facing some anxiety because I had to ride a bus for the first time. It was scary but so worth it! Martha’s Vineyard is beautiful and there was a lot of things to do like an arcade, riding a carrousel, visiting a lighthouse, shopping, restaurants, swimming, so many things! Nathan also created a picnic for us, we watched the sunset, and went star-watching. I highly recommend making the trip if you haven’t already.
- How did you meet your best friend?My best friend is my husband and we met in college! He came into my class and sat next to me and the rest is ancient history!
- Do you consider yourself a creative person?I do! I have been exercising my creativity since I was a little kid! So, yes! I’m definitely a creative person.
- Do you believe there is someone out there for everyone?Yes, I do. It can be hard to find the person, and some do not care to have a significant other and that’s okay, too. I’m just happy that I found someone.
Thanks again Wendy for your nomination!
Now it is time for the Nominees to write their post for the Sunshine Blogger Award! There are just a couple little rules that you will have to follow though and those rules include:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog!
- Answer the 11 questions they asked you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write 11 new questions for them.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post/blog.
- Diamond (Positive Nancy)
- Maddie (Tiger Lily Diary)
- Jack (Jack Deyes)
- Jess (Jess Eats and Travels)
- Bexa (Hello Bexa)
- Lauren (Bournemouth Girl)
- Paolo (P.S. Barbosa)
- Annie (A Booknerd Travels)
- Meghan (PearlOfTheSea)
- Indya (The Small Adventurer)
- Milli (Milli Berman)
Congratulations and thanks for being so positive in the blogging community. Keep up the great work!
Take as long as you want to get to these. I know a lot are going around and it can be stressful!
Remember that if you’re not nominated you can answer the questions in my comments section.
- How would you describe your experience with blogging so far?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Do you show your true self while blogging or do you tend to hold back?
- When is the last time you faced your fears & what was it?
- Do you have a nervous habit?
- Are you a dreamer or go-getter?
- Do you prefer to read the book or watch the movie?
- What song means a lot to you?
- What is your favorite and least favorite part about blogging?
- What is one goal that you have for your blog?
- What country would you like to visit?
Thanks again Wendy!
Thank you for reading and have a great day.